HyperStar 3 Lens - 8'' Celestron Edge HD?
- Turn your Celeston SC into a Schmidt camera
Celestron USA was one of the first big telescope manufacturers who was able to design fast Schmidt cameras for the consumer market. With the Hyper Star system, Celestron tied in with this tradition. In a few minutes, you can turn your Schmidt-cassegrain into a fast f/2 Schmidt camera suitable for the high resolution of modern CCD sensors.
The Hyper Star system replaces the secondary mirror:
By easy adapting the Hyper Star system to the Schmidt plate, you can change within a few minutes between the f/2 and the f/10 focus of your SC telescope.
Your SC telescope must be Fastar compatible - this is how it's prepared:
If your SC is already Fastar compatible, you just need to install the Hyper Star kit. For all other SCs, we offer the Hyper Star kit and (if you want) the alteration, too.
What is the Hyper Star system and how does it work?
Hyper Star is a multi-lens corrector system which replaces the secondary mirror and corrects for the remaining abbreviations of the main mirror. Coma and field curvature are completely eliminated so you have a wide and flat field for photography. Simply spoken, you get an easy-to-use Schmidt Camera for the digital era.
The Hyper Star's advantages:
- your old Schmidt Cassegrain is turned into a Schmidt Camera
- all functions of your telescope remain
- no expensive special optics are necessary - you have two telescopes in one
- by the very short exposure times, even alt-azimuthal mounts can be used successfully
- moderate exposure times are possible even using narrowband interference filters
- individual and precise adaption to your camera (please specify model when ordering)
- Effective focal ratio with the Hyper Star: f/2
- Effective focal length: 406mm
- Usable sensor sizes: up to 27mm diagonal
- Coatings: multi coatings on every glass/air surface
- Camera connection: via special factory adaptation
- Collimation: Via collimation screws
- Rotation: the camera can be turned by 360° with no loss of focus
- Dimensions: 81.3x76.2mm (length x diameter)
- Weight: < 0.5 kg
- Distance to the focus - 39,8mm Distance to the focus from end of the hyperstar tube