ALTAIR HYPERCAM 183C USB3.0 COLOUR DEEPSKY IMAGING / EAA CAMERA
The Altair Hypercam IMX183 is a 20mp astronomy camera, featuring amp glow reduction, and low read noise, producing extremely smooth, detailed images.
The Sony IMX183 CMOS sensor has very low read noise, wide dynamic range, and high sensitivity. The IMX183 ExmorR rated Back Illuminated Sensor has high-sensitivty, low dark current, no smear, and excellent anti-blooming charateristics. BSI technology moves the sensor circuitry behind the pixel, so unlike conventional sensors the light path is not blocked, resulting in higher quantum efficiency than a CCD sensor.
- 1" diagonal (15.86mm) SONY Exmor R Back Side Illuminated IMX183 Color CMOS sensor
- 20mp resolution with 5440 x 3648 active pixels in a 16.05mm x 12.61mm array
- Extremely low read noise enabling deepsky lucky imaging and very smooth image quality.
- Amp glow reduction technology onboard reduces amp glow, reduces noise, and increases contrast.
- High Dynamic Range with 12 bit ADC to 16bit output .FITS files in RAW mode, for beautiful deepsky images.
- Up to 17.5 Frames per second video in full 20mp resolution.
The Hypercam is cooled with and internal low vibration fan. The fan can be switched on or off and the speed controlled in AltairCapture and SharpCap. Cool air is drawn in through the vents at the side of the casing, over a large internal heat-sink. The heat-sink is connected directly with the sensor board just like a computer CPU. The free flow of air through the casing cools not only the sensor, but all the internal electronics boards. Cooling is especially desirable for long exposure imaging to reduce thermal noise. Some camera casings get uncomfortably hot during a solar imaging session, and the sensor can reach around 60 or even 70 degrees. This can cause the electronics to become glitchy and unreliable. The Hypercam is designed for consistent, reliable solar imaging with a solar filter and diagonal or Hershel Wedge. With the fan running, the Hypercam casing will always remain cool.
INCLUDED IN THE BOX:
- Camera body with internal cooling fan, heat-sink, and front female M42x0.75mm T-Thread interface (17.5mm backfocus).
- 1.8m High-speed USB3.0 cable.
- 1.5m ST4 guide cable.
- 2" OD Nosepiece with standard 2" M48x0.75mm filter thread on the front. (code ALTAIRH-2IN).
- C-Mount insert ring (for C-Mount lenses requiring 17.5mm back-focus) is included.
- Built-in UV-IR Blocking Filter, AR coatings. (Removable for sensor cleaning).
- Plastic screw-on dust cap.
- Allen key for removing the C-Thread insert.
- Note: This camera does not come with software in the box. To operate the camera you will need to download the latest camera drivers at cameras.altairastro.com (opens new window)
SENSOR & PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS:
- ALTAIRH183C: SONY Exmor R BSI IMX183 Color CMOS sensor
- Sensor Size: 1" diagonal (15.86mm)
- Exposure duration shortest/longest: 0.264 ms (0.000264 secs) / 5 secs (Video Mode)
- 0.264 ms (0.000264 secs) / 1000 secs (Trigger Mode)
- Bit depth: 8bit & 12bit mode switchable
- Pixel size microns: 2.4 x 2.4 um
- Resolution in pixels: 5440x3648
- Recording System: Still Picture and Video
- Region of Interest (ROI) support: Unavailable
- Approx. Max frame rates (assuming computer Bus operating at full bandwidth)*:
- 8bit mode:
- 5440x3648 17.5FPS
- 2736x1824 50FPS
- 1824x1216 60FPS
- 12bit mode:
- Approx. 60% ~98% of above
BACK-FOCUS & ADAPTER COMPATIBILITY:
- Optical Window is removable for cleaning.
- Camera body: OD 65mm
- Camera body thread: M42x0.75 T2 Thread to CS -Mount insert allows direct attachment of CS-Mount lens (or C-Mount lens with optional 5mm extension).
- C-mount lens adapter 5mm extension: Optional
- C-mount lens compatibility: C-Mount male threaded lens with 17.5mm back-focus (or flange-distance) requirement.
- CS-mount lens compatibility: C-Mount male threaded lens with 12.5mm back-focus (or flange-distance) requirement.
- Astro filter thread adapter: Included, 1.25" OD and 2” OD (optional), Female thread
- Sensor surface distance from flat end of CS-mount adapter: 12.5 mm
- Sensor surface distance from flat end of 1.25" / M42 Astro adapter: 37 mm