Starwave TM 102 ED refractor
- hand crafted ED optics producing a well colour-corrected image at 715mm focal length.
- ideal refractor for those who want to enjoy visual observing and astrophotgraphy in one capable unit.
Visual observing: The solar system objects are not only all within easy reach of this 102mm optical system, but will display good detail when viewed through the Starwave TM 102 ED optics. Cloud belts on Jupiter are easily visible, as are thousands of craters on the Moon, and even the Cassini division in the rings of Saturn can be seen as a thin dark line. Brighter deep sky objects such as the Orion Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy, Ring Nebula and Hercules globular cluster are all well within reach of this 102mm optical system.
Imaging: With the optional Altair PlanoStar 2" 0.8x Reducer / Flattener for Starwave 102ED & 110ED refractors (Code: PLANOS-2-0.8-102-110-M48), the focal ratio changes from F7 to F5.6, resulting in shorter exposure times, and a larger field of view. The 3" focuser visual back can be removed, allowing a direct threaded connection between focuser and reducer to eliminate any flex for sharper images. For imaging with a DSLR, choose the package with the Planostar 0.8x reducer with M48 DSLR adapter.
The over-engineered 3.0" rotating dual speed Crayford focuser can handle extra-heavy loads, and features a non-slip stainless steel bearing plate with full tension adjustment. The aluminium alloy optical tube achieves thermal equilibrium quickly, minimising the formation of tube currents and permitting efficient use of dew control equipment.
Tube rings are provided with standard hole patterns to fit most hardware mounting systems on the market, and are fully compatible with Starwave TM dovetail plates and clamps.
Starwave TM ED102 Features:
- Large 3" Crayford focuser with removable rear visual back to fit Planostar field flatteners and reducers.
- 102mm F7 ED Optics (715mm focal length)
- Highest practical magnification 200x, light grasp 212x human eye
- 62% more light grasp than the Starwave TM 80mm ED
- 58cm length, approx. weight 3.9kg
- 1:10 ratio dual speed focuser with direct fit for optional 0.8x reducer/field flattener
- Optional 0.8x reducer gives a focal ratio of F5.6 for imaging
- 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter with brass compression ring
- Tube rings with standard M6 30mm hole pattern (enabling the telescope to be balanced more easily for imaging, or dual-mounted as a guide scope).
- Standard Vixen-format dovetail bar
- Protective transport case with foam padding
(€ 1.197,52 excl. btw)
(€ 103,31 excl. btw)
(€ 128,10 excl. btw)
(€ 202,48 excl. btw)
(€ 65,29 excl. btw)
(€ 104,13 excl. btw)
(€ 109,92 excl. btw)