STARWAVE 102 ED DOUBLET REFRACTOR 2017 VERSION
New 2017 Version with FPL53 ED Glass, CNC Rack 'n Pinion focuser, CNC rings and better dewshield / tube design.
The Starwave 102 ED-R refractor has a doublet ED lens system with a premium FPL53 ED glass element. Super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) is used on all air-to-glass surfaces for high contrast.
The focuser is CNC machined with a precision rack and pinion gear. It can be rotated smoothly on Teflon bearings. The focuser end-cap has a 2" self-centering pushfit adapter with stainless steel capstans for easy tightening. A 1.25-2" self-centering pushfit adapter with brass insert is included.
The tube is made from light weight aluminium alloy with CNC machined components including the new lightweight CNC tube rings. A tough matte pearl powder coated tube and hard-anodised fittings give durability and great looks. An aluminium push-fit lens cap and 1.75" dovetail bar completes the package.
The Starwave 102 ED-R can be used for both visual observing and astro-photography with the optional 1x Planostar flatter or 0.8x focal reducers.
STARWAVE 102ED-R SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES:
- Optical tube with air-spaced 102mm F7 Doublet ED lens system (714mm focal length)
- FPL53 ED (SD) glass element and mating element housed in a precision adjustable CNC machined lens cell with temperature compensation interleaving.
- Super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all air to glass surfaces.
- Resolving Power (Dawes’ Limit) 1.45 arc seconds
- Visual Limiting Magnitude 12.2 maximum
- Weight approx. 4kg, OTA length with dewshield retracted, 68cm.
- Precision CNC machined components and tube made from light, tough aluminium alloy with matte powder coat and hard anodising.
- Retractable lens shade / dew shield.
- 2.5" "Rack 'n Pinion" Geared dual speed focuser with 1:10 micro-focuser.
- Entire focuser rotates relative to the optical tube for easy photographic composition.
- Teflon tension-adjustment screws and Teflon collet ensure focuser rotates smoothly.
- Self-Centering 2" to 1.25" reducer with brass compression rings included.
- Front aluminium push-fit lens cap, rear plastic 1.25" dust plug.
- Standard 1.75" dovetail bar with stainless steel M6 cap-head screws included.
- CNC Tube Rings with M6 threaded holes with 30mm spacing, compatible with Altair and most other mounting dovetail plates and bars.